
Chase ate his first solid food last week! I know, I know. Typically a child isn't supposed to have solid food until around six months or so. Chase, however, is far from typical. Ever since he weaned himself from nursing & started solely drinking formula, the boy is HUNGRY! He was about 9 weeks old when we noticed just how much this kid can pack away. He would drink a 6 ounce bottle of formula & a few minutes later want more. I thought there was no way he could still be hungry, so I went through the list of what else could be wrong. After changing him, making sure he was dry or cool, rocking him, playing with him, everything I could think of, there was nothing left but hungry. Sure enough, he drank another 6 ounces. After a few days of this, even the 12 ounces wasn't enough! We started adding a little baby cereal in with his last night time feeding & voila! Not only was he full, the boy started sleeping through the night!
Ahhh.. Sleep. I remember you, my old friend. Oh, how you've been missed!
Week before last I got a jar of baby bananas while at the grocery. This became the night's entertainment. We put him in his bouncy, strapped a bib on him, & went to town. Chase *l o v e s* his 'nanners. He can put them away like nobody's business.
I'm a firm believer that your child will tell you when he's ready for the next step, & Chase was definitely ready for food. He gets a half of a container of bananas twice a day. This week we added in apples & pears. It's hard to believe my little porker is the same tiny thing that wore preemie clothes until he was two months old! 



No comments:
Post a Comment